Belvoir Children’s Centre first opened in 1974 in an old farmhouse at Belvoir Farms on the river banks of the Thames River. In 1955, it relocated to Sacred Heart Church to have more of a presence in the community. Within two years, Belvoir would have to relocate again due to flooding in Sacred Heart Church and lack of space. In 1977, the organization relocated to the basement of the Delaware United Church where the program flourished for over 40 years.
In 1981, Belvoir Children’s Center changed its name to Belvoir Co-operative Nursery School, to reflect the focus of the program – a Nursery School with parent involvement. Year after year, this organization is run by a volunteer Board of Directors and very few paid staff. Belvoir has become very much a part of the history within Delaware and the surrounding communities that support it so strongly.
Belvoir Co-operative Nursery School moved to 634 Longfield Street Unit 4 in 2018 and officially opened its doors in October 2018. With this new move, Belvoir has been able to expand and create Belvoir Kids offering programs and services to school aged children.